Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 23:33:50 -0500
From:      "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        <skip-info@skip.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SKIP Headscratcher - The Solution

Archie,

Even better better than that.  Your port for FreeBSD 2.2.7 included the
patch so it was just a matter of using the -f flag
to identify the source address and it now works OK.  Could have saved myself
a lot of typing if I had read the documentation more carefully or the
skip-info thread that covered this potential behavior, adequately.

Another thing I discovered, to my cost, is that CDP to setup tunnels between
networks can be a problem unless you first put the far-end skiphost into the
tunnel.  This can be done quite easily by swapping "skiplocal export"
scripts via some secure means.

Thanks.  Great port.