Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 20:19:27 -0800
From:      "Tim O'Neil" <toniel@flash.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need more net hints

Greg wrote:
>This one means that there is no reverse lookup for network 10.  This
>is a configuration problem: network 10 is unassigned, but the correct
>message should be:
>
>> 10.0.0.1
>Server:  localhost.lemis.com
>Address:  127.0.0.1
>
>*** localhost.lemis.com can't find 10.0.0.1: Non-existent host/domain
>
>> *** Default servers are not available"?
>
>This one looks like a DNS configuration problem, and the cause of the
>servers.

Your right. I was hoping I didn't need those entries, I'm just
trying to set up a lan that will never be connected to the net.
I also get console messages: fbsdbox /kernel : arplookup 10.0.0.2
failed: host is not on local network. This is a 10 base 2 strung
between two ne2000 interfaces. I didn't imagine getting the two
machines to talk to each other would be this hard...