Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 1996 18:38:23 -0500
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        dyrnwyn@thepoint.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tip

> I have fought, cried, attacked, searched, and divined in an attemp to
> find the source for the program tip, which is referred to in some of the
> documentation for FreeBSD.
>
> I have browsed the ftp archive and not found it; do you know where I can
> get tip? Do you have any suggestions? Please don't say the search
> engines, I have spent hours looking through them.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

:-)

bash$ type tip
tip is /usr/bin/tip
bash$ ls /usr/src/usr.bin/tip
.               Makefile        NEWS            TODO            tip
..              Makefile.inc    README          libacu
bash$

Tip isn't a port or package, it's distributed as part of FreeBSD.  If
for some really strange reason you're not running FreeBSD, then you
can probably get it at:

  ftp.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/usr.bin/tip/...

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org