Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:15:55 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: X problems, please advise helpless newbie

# nkinkade@sub21-156.member.dsl-only.net / 2002-10-17 08:09:27 -0700:
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 03:37:38PM +0200, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > # jud@myrealbox.com / 2002-10-17 08:38:26 -0400:

> >     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > > have you checked for agpgard support in your kernel as mentioned
> > > above in the startx output?
> > >
> > > Add the following to your kernel -
> > >
> > > device      agp
> > >
> > > Then recompile your kernel.
> >
> >     % su
> >     # echo agp_load="YES" >> /boot/loader.conf
> >     # kldload agp
> >     # exit
> >     % startx
> >
> >     enjoy
> >

> Wait, do you have to both compile AGP support into the kernel AND load
> an the kernel module?  Shouldn't it be just one or the other?

    sorry for the confusion. this is what I meant:

    as opposed to what quite a few people would like you to believe you
    *don't* have to compile stuff into kernel to have the desired
    functionality. i've successfully used dynamically loaded usb, agp,
    and sound (at least two different sound cards) support over the last
    year.

--
If you cc me or take the list(s) out completely I'll most likely
ignore your message.