Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 18:01:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        keith@mail.telestream.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quick sendmail questions

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 keith@mail.telestream.com wrote:
> Since the release of 8.11.0 the sendmail.cw file is no longer the standard
> and it's now default to local-host-names
> Given that, do we still use FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl as a feature? Or has
> that also been swapped out with something else. <Can't find it if so>

FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl is included in domain/generic.m4 and
generates an Fw/etc/mail/local-host-names line

The filename is defined by confCW_FILE

> What is the difference between
>
> # Hosts that will permit relaying ($=R)
> FR-o /etc/mail/relay-domains

Hosts that you willingly relay for

> and the cw file? Is that to mean hosts we permit relaying or just known

Hosts/domains that should be treated as local

> hosts that relay? I have an access_db for my own relay rules. Between
> the access_db and the sendmail.cw file, the relay-domains would be rather
> redundant if it is for local domain/hosts. I haven't built any reference
> to FR-o /etc/mail/relay-domains into my mc > cf file so this is puzzling
> me.

access_db seems like a superset of relay-domains to me so yes, using
both would be redundant.  It (class R) also appears to be a part of the
base cf code, no FEATURE is needed to get it.  I'd guess that when
relaying was turned off by default, relay-domains got added by default
also.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com