Date:      Fri, 07 Aug 1998 16:29:52 -0700
From:      Ken Marx <kmarx@bigshed.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Ken Marx <kmarx@bigshed.com>
Subject:   Re: ctags/c++

Doug White wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Ken Marx wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a freeBSD ctags (or ctags-like)
> > utility that will work with c++ code? I seem to remember
> > seeing some versions of ctags that take a -C (?) flag for this
> > type of support.
>
> Man page says it supports -C.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Where are you getting your ctags from? My version says nothing
about c++ or -C. Can you point me to where I can get the binary
and/or source?

I'm running 2.6.6, and the man page I have says nothing of -C.
I can find only one copy of ctags in /usr/bin:

	-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin  bin  20480 Mar 24 17:54 /usr/bin/ctags*
	sum 9353 20 /usr/bin/ctags

It's usage line says:
	usage: ctags [-BFadtuwvx] [-f tagsfile] file ...

It contains the following strings:

	@(#) Copyright (c) 1987, 1993, 1994, 1995
        The Regents of the University of California.  All rights
reserved.
	@(#)ctags.c     8.4 (Berkeley) 2/7/95
	@(#)fortran.c   8.3 (Berkeley) 4/2/94
	@(#)lisp.c      8.3 (Berkeley) 4/2/94
	@(#)print.c     8.3 (Berkeley) 4/2/94
	@(#)tree.c      8.3 (Berkeley) 4/2/94
	@(#)yacc.c      8.3 (Berkeley) 4/2/94

Thanks,
k.

--
Ken Marx, kmarx@bigshed.com,  wrk: (510) 525-3932

We need to put that item on the action register if we're to analyze the
big
picture and take a broad horizontal view across the migration
requirements.