Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 00:41:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brad Tucker <zvi@t-networking.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Colors in X-Windows

When I run many of the programs in X-windows, I am getting a lot of color
problems.  I am running freebsd v.2.2.5.  I install everthing in the ports
for graphics, and the xwindows system.  When I load gimp for example, I
get error codes like: color lightblue, not found. it goes through a list
of like 20 colors.  What can I do to solve this problem.  I have a matrox
millenium video card, Im running the xwindows system at 1024x768, and in
thousand of colors.  Does anyone have any ideas.  I also rebuilt the kenel
with the SYS V shared metaphores, and still get the same problems, what
can I do next??  Thanks for the help

brad
zvi@t-networking.com