Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 2010 12:35:23 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   enabling NAT under -CURRENT

	(Please CC: me, as I am not subscribed.)

Hello:
	I'm rebuilding a machine with today's source, and have run into
a confusion.
	Section 30.6.1 of the Handbook says:

		IPFW is included in the basic FreeBSD install as a
		separate run time loadable module. The system will
		dynamically load the kernel module when the rc.conf
		statement firewall_enable="YES" is used. There is no need
		to compile IPFW into the FreeBSD kernel unless NAT
		functionality is desired.

	Section 30.6.2 of the Handbook says:

options    IPDIVERT

	This enables the use of NAT functionality.

	However, section 31.9.3 says:

	The kernel features for network address translation with
	natd(8) are not enabled in the GENERIC kernel, but they can be
	preloaded at boot time, by adding a couple of options to
	/boot/loader.conf:

		ipfw_load="YES"
		ipdivert_load="YES"

	Also:

huff@> find /boot/kernel -name "ipf*.ko"
/boot/kernel/ipfw.ko
/boot/kernel/ipfw_nat.ko

	?????
	What is the current working and prefered way to get ipfw+NAT
working?

	Respectfully,

						Robert Huff