Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:18:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How To Configure 2nd NIC?

Uh, no, you shouldn't have to recompile.  FreeBSD will just use two
instances of the same driver and call the second one ed1.
Or have you tried installing the second card and are having problems?  If
not try putting it in. It may come up perfectly right away when you
reboot. You may also have to assign the proper IRQ to it.  The cards may
both want the same IRQ, but they should be configurable with a software
utility.  Depends on the card.
Hope that helped,

						Tim