Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:06:44 -0500
From:      Hiten Pandya <hiten@unixdaemons.com>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-standards@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Open POSIX Test Suite project

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 03:16:18PM -0500, Craig Rodrigues wrote the words in effect of:
> Hi,
>
> Some of you on this list may be interested in the
> Open POSIX Test Suite project:
>
> http://posixtest.sf.net
>
> The project is aiming to testing conformance and
> performance of functions listed in IEEE Std 1003.1-2001.
>
> Version 0.1.0 did not work on FreeBSD-CURRENT, but
> I submitted a patch which fixed this problem, and
> hopefully it will be committed to their CVS tree soon.
>
> Interestingly enough, all the main people who work
> on this project are from Intel.

I posted this information to the -standards group
before, but no one was excited. ;-) Unfortunately,
the test suite does not run "out-of-the-box" on
FreeBSD, and after muddling around, I could get
some results, which are worth looking at (again):

  http://www.unixdaemons.com/~hiten/posix

I have got the following information stored in
directory:

	- Tests against libc
	- Tests against libc_r
	- Tests against libpthread

Hope the stuff is helpful.  This was done when I
was working and interested with the KSE lib. stuff.

Cheers.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply. :-)

--
Hiten Pandya (hiten@unixdaemons.com, hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org)