Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 01:10:00 -0500
From:      killer <killer@myweb.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.2 and Cyclades y-series 32 port hardware

I had a FreeBSD server up and running on 2.1.5 for several months
running Hylafax-v4.0pl1 until an error (mine) wounded it. It died slowly
for a day and a half. I put down. Then tried to recreate the server.
I have the cd of 2.1.5.
	But when I came to compiling Hylafax-v4.0pl1 it kept searching for
libc.so.3.0  which I came to find isn't in 2.1.5 but (according to my
sources) only in 2.2 and up.
	So I did an ftp install of 2.2.2 ( I like the changes, btw )
Except I have a Cyclades y-series 32 port serial port hardware, when I
try to follow the instructions to make the devices (as follows)

cd /usr/src; patch < /var/ftp/incoming/cy_pci/cy.diff

cp /var/ftp/incoming/cy_pci/cy_pci* /sys/pci/

cp /usr/src/etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV /dev

cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV ttyc0 cuac0 ttyc1 cuac1

----------- end instructions -----------

this no longer works w/ 2.2.2

upon execution of the first line I get a couple of 'hunk failed's

not seeing these ( they scrolled off the screen ) the first time..

I proceeded along. only to notice tht the kernel will not 'make depend'

without failing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I really need this server
operational again, it's been down since 24July97.

	Thanks in advance.
	David Killingsworth