Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:14:33 -0600
From:      "Bert Hiddink" <hiddink@galileo.or.cr>
To:        Taku YAMAMOTO <taku@cent.saitama-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: You have Maestro-2E configured already (was Re: More on ESS Maestro-1/2/2E driver for FreeBSD 4.1 release)

Hello, Taku,

YES, it worked, I got the voice of Pablo Milanes out of my Lap... and it s=
ounds great!!!

Thanks a lot for your help!. I appreciated your "learn-this-newbie-to-fish=
-a-bit-instead-of-giving-
him-only-the-fish "-approach!

Many thanks again!!!

-brt

El 30 Sep 00, a las 2:28, Taku YAMAMOTO escrib=F3:

>> Hi Bert,
>>
>> > Thanks for your two messages. I think I am getting very close!
>>
>> You're welcome.

>> > OK, but I can read data CD well from my CDROM (I installed FBSD from =
it)?

>> > No, that is,  "cdcontrol /dev/adc0 gives":  "No CD device name specif=
ied"

>> Read manpage. (cdcontrol(1) means "consult man 1 cdcontrol for details"=
)
>> You need to say "cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0c" to specify CD device explicit=
ly.
>> Or you may wish to have symlink cdrom towards acd0c in /dev.
>> # Repeat, acd0c. Not acd0.
>>
>> > And "cdcontrol Status audio  /dev/acd0" gives: no disc in drive /dev/=
cd0c. However, the CD is
>> > there! And I understand from the output of dmesg that the CD is on /d=
ev/acd0. See my dmesg output
>> > further on.
>> (dmesg snipped)
>> The CD is there, and cdcontrol(and xcdplayer) looks overthere :)
>> Unfortunetery, I'm not familiar to xcdplayer
>> so I can't give you detailed advices, sorry.
>> But I can give you the essence:
>>     "read manual to find the way for specifying CD device explicitly."

>> > FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Sep 24 2000 16:50:01
>> > Installed devices:
>> > pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro-2E> at I/O port 0xfc00 irq 11 (4p/0r ch=
annels duplex)

>> Cheers, you have pcm0 configured correctly!
>> Try this:
>>  mkfifo pipe.wav
>>  sox pipe.wav -t ossdsp -r 48000 -v 0.95 /dev/dsp0 &
>>  dagrab -d /dev/acd0c -f pipe.wav TrackNo.
>> if you have both sox and dagrab got installed.
>>
>> > I hope you can give me some further ideas with this info. Sorry that =
the message went a bit lo
ng.

>> OK I don't mind!
>>
>> --
>> YAMAMOTO, Taku <taku@cent.saitama-u.ac.jp>
>> Member of Advanced Computer and Communication Studies Society
>> (ACCESS for short), Information Processing Center, Saitama Univ.

   Bert Hiddink, FUNDACION GALILEO
   Correo electronico: hiddink@galileo.or.cr
   Sitio: http://www.galileo.or.cr
   Tel. (506) 280 8683, telefax. (506) 280 8847