Date:      Sat, 8 Nov 2008 14:35:39 -0700
From:      Andrew Falanga <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How long does it take to compile KDE4

Hi

I'm trying to install in KDE 4 and it's been stuck on
Generating k3iconviewsearchline.moc

for about 4 hours now.  My box is a an amd64 (running amd64 kernel) 1.8ghz
w/1gb RAM.  I know that this request is quite "relative" based on hard
hardware and such, but from those who have installed KDE4 from ports, can you
give me the times it took you to compile?

There are two reasons I haven't stopped the process yet.  First, it's not
acting like it's stuck, e.g. top shows that the system is 0.0% idle and the
process, automoc4, isn't steady on a specific number it keeps going from
~92% - ~98% WCPU usage.  This would seem to indicate that it's not stuck in a
loop doing the same thing over and over but is really doing some work.
Second, I've been around long enough to know that sometimes you just have to
wait . . . a long time.

Any ideas on time to compile would be good.

Thanks,
Andy