Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:11:10 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1-RELEASE TODO

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 11:46:34 -0600
Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com> wrote:

> I've mounted many MSDOS filesystems recently without problems.  Do have
> any other information about this?  Did you verify that there were no
> open vnodes on the filesystem?

I just copied 13 GB from the msdosfs to an ufs slice and 8 GB from an
ufs to the msdosfs slice. After that the system was idle for a while
(several minutes, maybe 2 hours). Then I just did some 'ls' invocations
to verify the copy procedure and tried to umount.

I hadn't any program running with legitimate access to /mnt and I have
no program running which accesses a random filesystem path, so no vnodes
should have been open then.

At the moment I have a simulation running in the background, so I can't
reconnect the harddisk to the system, but I reconnect it tomorrow and
present the typescript of the terminal session.

Is there a way to set breakpoints in the kernel (no serial console) and
if so, what would be interesting to look at?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
         The computer revolution is over. The computers won.