Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 22:50:06 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        "Eric A. Griff" <eagriff@global2000.net>, dkelly@hiwaay.net
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Burning CDs

dkelly@hiwaay.net spewed out:
 % Happen to have a couple AOL CD's at work that I use to sit hot coffee cups
 % on. A gulible person once asked about that, I explained the shiny aluminum
 % layer in the CD was a space age reflective insulator...
 %
 % Actually it simply tickled my fancy to use an AOL disk that way (haven't
 % been to the shooting range lately, they frown on shooting anything but
 % their paper targets). Am now looking for a Windows NT CDROM...  :-)

You need a better shooting range: Doug's Shoot-n-Sports allows us to
shoot old terminals, monitors, CPUs, etc. after the bowling pin meets on
Thursday night.  They have a pile of waste to sweep up anyhow...  ;^)

Eric A. Griff replied:
 > I don't feel so different anymore :)
 >         I use aol and prodigy disks for dog toys :)

Fortunately we still get quite a few AOL floppies around here.  I find
the perfect use for them is to make FreeBSD boot/fixit floppies from
them.  ;^)

We should probably save all the AOL, Prodigy, and Compu$erve CD-ROMs,
someday we might be able to make a killer solar oven from the lot of
them.