Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:03:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      J A Shamsi <jashamsi@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   router

Hello

I am configuring a dual homed gateway as a router and
have some problems.
the  configuration is that I have a subnet of three
computers with one having two nic's.
I want the other two computers one nic of the router
to be connected to the hub and the other nic to the
switch connceting to the outside world( internet)
I want the two nic's to use the dual homed gateway as
thier router.

Just wondering do I need to configure it as a static
router or can I use dynamic IP routing software?

If I am configuiring it as a static router do I need
to have some configuration changes for the main dynmic
router which is the router for the outside world.

Thanks in advance ..

Jawwad Shamsi