Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 23:06:48 -0700
From:      Monachus Silentium <monachus@arces.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Potentially Confusing Doc Discrepancy

In the FAQ, under "How do i set up ethernet aliases?" it says to use a
specific netmask.  It has been my experience that you cannot alias
unless you kill named first.  If you don't, you get various ioctl errors
about "file exists" and "cannot assign specified address"....  Perhaps
this is just my machine, since i have my whole subnet declared with
hostnames, but it may be work mention...
--
Monachus Silentium
<monachus@arces.net>

The catalyst loves the paradox....

The only reason I don't believe that I'm successful is that I'm not
yet finished.