Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:37:50 -0700
From:      Aaron Voisine <aaron@voisine.org>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   picobsd from 4.6 - read error

I didn't see my message on the list, so
I apologize if this is a duplicate.

I'm trying to boot a picobsd image created
from the 4.6-stable tree. I just ran
/usr/src/release/picobsd/build/picobsd and
built the default bridge configuration. This
produced a picobsd.bin file. I installed this
file on a floppy using dd as per the
instructions in the picobsd man page, but
when I boot from it, I only get a blank screen
with the message "read error". No other
messages or output. I've tried installing it
on a several different floppies and a also
a hard drive. I've tried booting it on several
different machines, always with the same
result. If I mount the floppy, it has a single
file named kernel on it. Has anyone
successfully built a picobsd image from
4.6-stable? Am I doing something wrong?

l8r