Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:16:51 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: List administrivia, was: Re: I Finally got It 2096

On Tuesday, August 27, 2002, at 02:59  PM, Peter C. Lai wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:58:29PM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
>> Non-subscribers might have their messages delayed a bit until their
>> message is approved (or rejected), but that shouldn't matter much if most
>> people intend to read the list instead of only posting to it.
>
> Are you volunteering yourself to be the aforementioned 'listadmin'
> that screens every unsubscriber's attempted post to this list?

I administer about half of the ~30 mailing lists at work.  It wasn't my
intention to replace the current administrator of this list, but I'm
certainly willing to help.

A pool of moderators works pretty well....

> Or are you willing to sponsor one?

Yes.  Give me 48 hours, since I'm upgrading a few machines to 4.6.2,
including one of the two listservers here.

> No one on the security team currently would have 'time' to sort out spam
> from non-spam in the review queue.

Okay; non-subscriber submissions get delayed until someone does have time.
   *shrug*

-Chuck

        Chuck Swiger | chuck@codefab.com | All your packets are belong to
us.