Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:56:45 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        papowell@astart.com, nik@FreeBSD.ORG, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bringing LPRng into FreeBSD?

Warner Losh wrote:

> If company A hacks LPRng and wants to distribute it in binary form
> only, then they will have to make arrangements with the copyright
> holder.  This isn't our problem.

	I'm surprised to hear this coming from you, actually. I disagree
strongly that discouraging commercial vendors from being able to
integrate "stock" parts of freebsd into their product is "not our
problem." One of the drawing cards for freebsd is that commercial
vendors _can_ take our code and use it in any manner they see fit. The
list of exceptions is long enough already, I haven't seen a compelling
reason to make it longer.

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire