Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:27:47 -0700 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Karen Strom <kstrom@hanksville.phast.umass.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI PCI UW controller

> Can you tell me whether there has been any FreeBSD
> experience
> with the BT 952 UWSCSI3 PCI 2 chan Host Adapter. (It happens
> to be in stock!). or the BT-958 (which I have not found in
> stock
> yet). Neither is listed on the supported disk controllers,
> but I
> need a substitute for my current Adaptec 2940UW Rev E ASAP.

	I personally don't know about those two cards, BUT, I like Asus
SC-875's, they tend to be a bit faster then the Adaptec Cards (in my
opinion,) plus they tend to be a lot cheaper. AND the generic FreeBSD
kernal picks them up without any problems what so ever. Plus, it's made by
Asus, one of the best manufactures around. :)

					Rick