Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2019 14:23:01 +0100
From:      Sid <sid@bsdmail.com>
To:        "Niclas Zeising" <zeising@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Kevin Oberman" <rkoberman@gmail.com>, "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: drm-kmod startup error

Including VESA, SC or all video drivers in the KERNCONF for building a cus=
tom kernel fixed it. drm-kmod was then built from ports.

Before, I tried a cleanslate for both updated ports and packages. An older=
 ports version for these kernel modules didn't require VESA or SC KERNCONF=
 settings. Likely VESA. It's updated Releng, and as mentioned 11.2. That g=
ave enough insight to fix this problem. Thanks.