Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:52:26 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@Dataplex.NET>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.0-19980923-BETA/

At 10:16 PM -0500 9/24/98, Studded wrote:
>Peter Wemm wrote:
>
>> I seriously doubt that 2.2 branch development will just end because 3.0 is
>> released and becomes (at some point) the canonical -stable branch.
>
>	2.2.8 will be the last release on that branch, at least according to
>the announcements.

And it will still get additional occasional updates for a year
or so if history is any indicator. I know that there are many of us who
will want FreeBSD 3 to "mellow" quite a bit before we move our critical
things to it. "Release" or not, we will track those infrequent, but
important, changes because they are likely to be fixes for security holes.

Richard Wackerbarth