Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:29:51 -0600
From:      Peter Lawthers <plawthers@chiaro.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendfile with headers (struct sf_hdtr)

Actually, sendfile(2) returns either 0 or -1 (with errno set). The
optional 'sbytes' argument indicates how many bytes were sent.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my original posting. If you use the optional
headers, then the *return value* from sendfile is non-zero, and is
*only * the amount sent via writev. Not 0, or -1 as the code and the
man page lead one to believe.