Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2000 16:29:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.1-RELEASE resumes, 4.1-STABLE hangs.

Where do I start looking for this:

With 4.1-RELEASE, my fujitsu E6150 notebook correctly suspends and
resumes... and with 4.1-CURRENT (sup'd yesterday) it doesn't --- it
hangs on the resume.  I've even up and down graded several times to
verify the behaviour.  (I'm not even sure where the suspend/resume
code lives ... so I could use some pointers ... but I'm also looking
for something that changed recently.)

I have also verified that with 4.1-RELEASE (where suspend/resume work)
that removing my CDROM (booting fresh with my cdrom removed --- I can
replace it with an extra battery) will cause suspend/resume not to
work.  Please be clear about this: with the laptop in the off state, I
remove the cdrom, and replace it with "nothing" or a battery and then
boot... and while booted without the cdrom drive, suspend/resume
hangs on resume.  It hangs on resume even if I use the zzz command.

When the laptop resumes, I see it reset ata0 and ata1 (normally).
Ata1 doesn't probe when I boot without the cdrom installed (this seems
common to desktops, even) ... so I'm wondering if some code is blindly
resetting both ata channels and hanging on the non-existent one.

Dave.