Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:50:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeff <dejamuse@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Realtek 8111C LAN chip status?

Hi,

I would like to use the Asus P6T motherboard with PCBSD (FBSD 7.2) but not =
sure if the LAN device is supported.=A0 According to the MAN page for the r=
e(4) driver it's not.=A0 The P6T has a Realtek 8111C chip.=A0=20

The re(4) MAN page lists a similar device, the 8111S but I'm not sure if th=
at covers the C device too.

I Googled around and found some information that suggested the 7.2 release =
does support the C chip but it's not completely clear.

Is the MAN page just out of date and the Realtek 8111C LAN chip is supporte=
d?

If not, how can I fix this short of buying another NIC card?

Tnx, Jeff

=0A=0A=0A