Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 14:00:17 -0400
From:      "Gerald T. Freymann" <freymann@eagle.ca>
To:        "Lee Mark Mercado" <mercadolee@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DNS

> I just registered my own ~.com domain name.
> how do I make my freeBSD box to be the HOST for my ~.com domain ?

1) Well, you need a real, world routable IP number or subnet to attach to
your domain...

 2) And you need to set up your DNS to be authoritative for your domain.

 3) You'll need to update your domain record's information at the registrar
you used once you have this going, so they know the IP numbers of your
primary and secondary DNS.

 How about starting by telling us how this FreeBSD box will be connected to
the rest of the world?

-gf