Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 20:19:54 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        eischen@vigrid.com (Daniel Eischen)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pthreads fixes before 3.0 release

Daniel Eischen wrote:

> Can a committer review and apply the patch I submitted to make
> sigwait work?  It can be found in kern/7586.  There was also
> a patch posted a while ago to fix a problem with incremental
> priority updates in libc_r.  When a thread runs and doesn't
> block, no other threads are allowed to execute.  A search of
> the mailing lists should find this one.

The patch you posted breaks pause(). I committed the patch, but had
to back it out later when I found the breakage. I hope to have time
to sort out the problem before 3.0 goes out the door.

> I've been running a patched version of the threads library for
> a while.  It'd be nice to get this fixed before release.

Unfortunately we each don't use all the functions in the library, so
it is possible to apply a "fix" to one that breaks another. This is
why I started committing the test programs that people provide. All
my tests run under a proprietary build-test-release system that is very
un-BSD so there is no point releasing the code.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137