Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:48:46 +0200
From:      aringoy@broadpark.no
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing FreeBSD 4.8

Hi!

I'm having problems installing FreeBSD 4.8. After the Kernel configuration
page, the system hangs with these messages:

ad0: [the-name-of-my-hd] at ata0 -master BIOSDMA
ad1: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 -resetting

ata0: resetting devices

And that's it. The machine just sits there like a dog that's been shown a card
trick.

I have succesfully installed FreeBSD by disconnecting the master and setting
the slave as master, but I would like to use them both.

Any Bios settings that would help?

Regards

Arild Ringøy