Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:30:19 +0100
From:      "Patrick Gelsema" <gelsema@superhero.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ntpd as time server?

[cut & delete]

> A bit off topic for this list, I know, but where exactly in
> w2k do you set that up?
> I've tried it in dos, and 'net time \\"FreeBSD NETBIOS name"
> /set /y" seems to work and synchronize the time, but I
> assume there is a way to automate this.
> Is there a cron equivalent or something similar in w2k?

Every windows 2000 machine uses the w32tm tool. Do a w32tm /h for info. The
w32tm runs as an proces and updates the clock in the background. So if you
put an  machine in a 2000 Active Directory Domain the machine will
automatically set the time with one of your domain controllers. It is
necessary for a windows 2000 machine to get its clock right, otherwise
participation in the domain is not possible due to kerberos faults.

With Friendly regards,

Patrick Gelsema
MCP