Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:32:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      synrat <synrat@wirewalk.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vinum requirements

does vinum configuration need to be located
in the beginning of the drive after bootstrap or
is it possible to store at the end of the drive ?
the reason I ask is I only have 60kb available in
the beginining and the first partition is /.
I should be able to shrink swap, which is at the end
of the drive, but I'm not sure I understand how vinum
stores it's configuration. Does there need to be a separate
partition for vinum that has at least enough space for configuration,
which doesn't overlap with anything else ? Is the rest of vinum
partition supposed to overlap with everything that I want to configure
as a plex ( I'm talking about mirroring exisiting partitions )
Or should there be 2 different vinum partitions, one for configuration and
another one for plexes ?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

thanx you all