Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:45:13 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        Alex Davidson <alexd@idcomm.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux Help

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Alex Davidson wrote:

> I have the Linux Emulator installed but want to know how to run apps and
> games.  Is there a web site to point me in the right direction?
> I tried pkg_add'ing doom last night and it went in without any errors but
> when I run it nothing happens (I forget if there was an error message and I
> am not at the machine at present)

Make sure that the linux emulator is being started at bootup.  Run
/stand/sysinstall, go to Configure, then Startup, the mark the box for
linux.  After that, reboot and you should be able to run doom, Star
Office, or any other apps that rely on the linux emulation.

Hope this helps,

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	:
: Phear Networks		| web: http://www.phear.net/	:
: A franchise of Triax, Inc.	| -----------------------------	:
: Web Site Design & Hosting	| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: