Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 19:08:25 -0500
From:      Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        scottl@FreeBSD.org, smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: P5 vs. SMP, part 2

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 03:50:35PM -0800, Peter Wemm wrote:
> Chris Faulhaber wrote:
> >=20
> > --sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c
> >=20
> > I finally got around to narrowing down the commit (see
> > below) that slowed by dual P5 box.  From my original
> > message to -smp:
>=20
> !!!!.
>=20
> I just reread the diff and I dont see anything obviously wrong.  Do you j=
ust
> see this in P5 machines?  (ie: do you have a P6 smp box as well?)
>=20

I have been in contact with a few other people that are also
having problems with their P5's.  Gunnar Pruessner reported
a similiar problem at:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D5782+15738+/usr/local/www/db/=
text/2001/freebsd-smp/20011007.freebsd-smp

We have not had any problems on the dual and quad PIII's at
work and I have not seen anyone using P6's report anything
similiar.

> I have a dual P5-90 at home but it is missing some components.  I suspect
> it will take a while to get working.. :-]
>=20

I wonder how many dual P5's are still being used :/

--=20
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD: The Power To Serve   -   http://www.FreeBSD.org

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy