Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:39:32 +0300
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        "Michael Vince" <michael@roq.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.7

> From:          "Michael Vince" <michael@roq.com>
> To:            "Alvaro Rosales R." <aran80@wintersperu.com.pe>,
>                <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject:       Re: How to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.7

> Don't let any tell you that you can buildworld to 4.7 from 4.3, my situation
> was actually from 4.3 to 4.5 or 4.6 actually and that still didn't work,
> Like I said its in the errata somewhere.

I distinctly remember successfully upgrading one server from
4.3-RELEASE to RELENG_4_5 via cvsup/buildworld earlier this year.

4.7 might be somewhat more difficult, of course.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.