Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 01:42:18 -0600
From:      trout@net66.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   getting fetchmail to work

hellohello:

 i have just gotten ppp to work, and i can browse the web and send email.
i'm pretty happy about this. however, i cannot get my mail from my isp. i
have set fetchmail to do this, and it appears to almost work. it looks like
it is getting my mail, and then displays this message:

    ../var/mail permission denied  MDA exiting nonzero status

/var/mail is where i would like my messages sent. what does permission
denied mean? as far as permissions go, everybody can rwx that directory.
does this refer to something else?

any ideas are appreciated

--------
...produces pitch-perfect musical tones when filled halfway with water and
rubbed with moist finger. and remember folks, he's bathtub safe.

....sent from troutinthemilkyway, leader in nearly stable computing: NT and
freeBSD
                             ...and remember, net66 sucks.