Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2016 05:07:57 +0000
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Morgan Reed <morgan.s.reed@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Not all ZFS pools mounting at boot

--ubBGeysJ7fFOU9Y9

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 03:54:07PM +1100, Morgan Reed wrote:
> Hi All,
>=20
>     Been fighting this one for a while and I figure it's time to take it =
> the brainstrust.
>=20
> I've recently added a third storage array to my NAS, it's a RAID-Z pool t=
he
> same as the other two arrays in the box, the new array isn't mounting at
> boot, I have to manually import it every time.
>=20
> Done some digging around online but everything I've found has come down to
> the person not having zfs_enable=3DYES in rc.conf, obviously as two of my
> three pools are mounting at boot this is not my issue.
>=20
> Only oddity I've found is that, the output of zdb does NOT show the third
> storage pool, although it is presently imported and mounted.
>=20
> I am mounting the third pool under an alternate root, if that has any
> bearing on things.
>=20
> Any thoughts?
>=20

I have similar structural layout, and have hit this exactly one time.
(On -CURRENT, not -STABLE, though.)

The problem for me to further diagnose the issue was, manually importing
the pool and repeated subsequent reboots did not make the problem
reappear.  Additionally, the system was up long enough for any logs to
be irrelevant - mainly the second pool in my case is used for VM disks
and other "not a huge problem if it does away" dataset.

So first my question is, how are you mounting the third pool in your
case (assuming you are doing so)?

Glen

--ubBGeysJ7fFOU9Y9

--ubBGeysJ7fFOU9Y9--