Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:57:21 -0400
From:      Carl Tucker <cft@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dvd restarts my computer

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 03:55:05PM +0200, Morsal Rodbay wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 10:34:59PM -0500, uwi mAn wrote:
> > Ogle and Mplayer 0.60 seem don't like Devil's Advocate much.
> > After codecs things, my puter takes a cold bath.
> > the rest dvd's i tried are fine, why is this happening?
> >
> > FreeBSD 4.4 Release
>
> Very weird, mplayer works just fine for me.. I'm using 4.5-Release.

Not for me.  I'm not surprised, though, I only have 64M of RAM.  In
fact, I suspect this is the problem.  ogle complains that my computer
is too slow and will only run in frame dropping mode.  That's probably
a clue as to why mplayer scrams the machine when I try it.

If that's true, though, it's not quite what I consider failing
gracefully.

--
Carl Tucker
cft@panix.com