Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:19:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
To:        Matt Smith <fbsd@xtaz.co.uk>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upcoming OpenSSL 1.1.0 release

Matt Smith wrote:
> Going slightly off-topic, I'm curious what the opinion is around this
> and LibreSSL.

My organization evaluated this a few months ago and after a few diffs
and code reviews decided that libressl was the future.  We updated
poudriere and all make.confs, removed openssl, installed libressl and
have had no issues.  We did the same with openntp a few months earlier
and recommend both for any installation that needs good security.

Roger