Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2000 22:01:39 +0100
From:      Sumelco <sumelco@airtel.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation process

--------------BE4BA7586F4028E86731D0DF

Hi,
We are trying to install gmake port from your web but we have the
following question:

We download the gmake source code, that is gmake-3.79_1.tgz. But there
is also a file called, gmake.tar ( What you call the Skeleton: File,
MakeFile, Patches....)

If we download both of them they have different paths and therefore when
we unzip them they will be separated in different directories:

gmake-3.79_1.tgz creates the directory "make-3.79.1"
gmake.tar creates the directory
/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/devel/gettext

What do we need for the installation? Both or only the source code.
If we need both, and we put make install in the make-3.79.1 directory,
does it realized where the skeleton is and mix it in the compilation
process? Yes or no.

Please help us in this installation process.

Many thanks.

--------------BE4BA7586F4028E86731D0DF

Hi,
question:
File, MakeFile, Patches....)
when we unzip them they will be separated in different directories:</b>
directory, <b>does it realized where the skeleton is and mix it in the