Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2021 13:38:39 -0700
From:      Fred Finster via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
To:        ticso@cicely7.cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11 on Pi 4

--------------F69B494A062604C3AC071A8A

Hello Bernd Walters,

Here is my personal blog about running FreeBSD 14 CURRENT on Raspi 4B.

https://ghostbsd-arm64.blogspot.com/2021/02/download-freebsd-140-current-version.html
<https://ghostbsd-arm64.blogspot.com/2021/02/download-freebsd-140-current-version.html>;

I welcome your feed back and comments there on that blog entry, as what
works for you.

Here is my recent email to freebsd-arm with links to telegram Group ARM
Open-Source where we are testing FreeBSD 14.0 on Raspi hardware.   Goal
is to get ready for GhostBSD ARM64.

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-arm/2021-October/000532.html
<https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-arm/2021-October/000532.html>;

Here is where I got the RPI image for FreeBSD 14.0 Current

https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/snapshots/arm64/aarch64/ISO-IMAGES/14.0/
<https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/snapshots/arm64/aarch64/ISO-IMAGES/14.0/>;

Here is the config.txt file changes  for /boot/config.txt on the microSD
card

#HDMI_safemode=1

# For a HDMI screen size of 1920x1080 pixels use the following

hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=16

# For set HDMI audio out in a LINUX raspberry pi document from 2012  I
will be trying this for enabling on FreeBSD.  don't know if it works yet.

hdmi_drive=2

How do you get HDMI audio out on your setup Bernard Walter?

The USB audio setup was automatic when I plugged in Logitec 390 USB
Headphones.

config.txt  file contents

[all]
arm_64bit=1
dtparam=audio=on,i2c_arm=on,spi=on
dtoverlay=mmc
dtoverlay=disable-bt
device_tree_address=0x4000
kernel=u-boot.bin

[pi4]
#hdmi_safe=1
#overscan_left=1
hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=16
armstub=armstub8-gic.bin

Will have to check the latest version  of FreeBSD 14.0 Currrent image.
Yes looks the same.

My monitor is plugged in and turned on when I booted the Raspberry Pi 4B
with 8 gigs of dram memory.

Fred Finster  wb7ody Amateur Radio call.

--------------F69B494A062604C3AC071A8A--