Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 16:22:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        Allen Hyer <allenh@wtrt.net>
Cc:        spork <spork@super-g.com>, questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xylogics Remote Annex SW and FBSD

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Allen Hyer wrote:

> At 02:50 PM 1/6/97 -0500, spork wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm wondering if anyone here is running the server software (erpcd) for
> >Xylogics (BayNetworks) Remote Annexes on a FBSD box...  I'll be moving our
> >dial-in authentication to a FBSD machine soon, and I see that there are
> >two choices: either use the pre-compiled BSDI version or take a stab at
> >compiling it myself.  If anyone has gone either route and has
> >horror/success stories, I'd be thrilled to hear about them.
>
> I am using erpcd Release 10.1A without any problems.  I went the compile
> myself route, and it went very well.

I did this, but had to alter how erpcd looks up a user id and passwd - the
machine running erpcd uses NIS, and a userid/password lookup would appear
to hang due to a speed problem of some sort- the erpcd source out of the
can looks on a find first, find next sort of basis - since theoretically a
system might have more than 1 account with the same login ID..