Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 00:04:55 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, "Wes Peters" <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        "j mckitrick" <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: time to step up to the SMP plate?

But this is all Intel SMP isn't it?  My understanding is that few to nobody
running Solaris on SMP systems with more than 4 CPU's is using Intel
boxes, instead they are using Sun hardware.

The other $64 question of course is what ever happened to the 64 bit
Intel CPU architecture?  Supposedly the speed increase by going to 64 bit
on a uniproccessor system would be so incredibly overwhelming that you
would be junking all your 4 and 8 CPU SMP systems, acccording to the
marketing from Intel I read... ;-)