Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:03:35 -0500
From:      "Matthew Koivisto" <mkoivist@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Obtaining CD Installation over the Internet

------_=_NextPart_001_01C091D7.EDC7BBE0

There sure are :)
I just did this last night for the first time actually. The .iso files can
be found at
ftp.nz.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/4.2-install.iso
(that's the new zealand ftp mirror)
Downloading 650 megs on a 56K is gonna take for friggin ever tho was d/ling
at 100K/sec last night and it still took 1h and 1/2
Please not that this CD image does not include al the distfiles and other
goodies you're probibally gonna want to play with. If you don't ever want to
have to d/l anything I would suggest forking out the $40 for the 4 CD set
that has all the goodies on it.
http://www.freebsdmall.com/software/bsd.phtml This will save you hours of
d/l time, and it helps to support the freeBSD cuase :) I would of bought it,
but I'm a starving university student and I have no $$.

Matt koivisto