Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:47:57 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        'Todd Reed' <ex279@hotmail.com>, so@server.i-clue.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Apache and SSL

Let me qualify my answer by saying that I am a newbie and don't understand
the details of all of this.  However ASFAIK, any way you do it, either via
ports or source, you have to recompile Apache to include the modules you
need in addition to installing the main programs like OpenSSL and PHP.
mod_ssl is the code that Apache uses to communicate with OpenSSL and mod_php
is the code used to interact with PHP.  The port does this for you.  If you
decide to build your own, then you have to specify all of the right things
when you run ./configure.  I don't specifically know of any cookbook
examples but www.apachetoday.com and www.apache.org should have all the info
you need somewhere.

HTH,

Drew