Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:41:32 -0600
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        jdunham@texas.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Belkin UPS installation confusion

jdunham@texas.net, said on Thu Feb 27, 2003 [10:42:40 AM]:
} I have a 400MHz IBM Intellistation E-Pro (FreeBSD 4.6) running on a Belkin Home
} Office UPS (F6H659-SER), with the control cable plugged into the first serial port.
} When I installed FreeBSD I had it install upsd, thinking that would allow FreeBSD to
} shut down properly if the power went away.  Silly me.

I've been using nut (ports/sysutils/nut) with my Belkin F6C525-SER for some time
with good success.  I'd recommend giving that a try.

--

   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com