Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:01:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Ean Kingston" <ean@hedron.org>
To:        abhi@vritti.net
Cc:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WebDAV on Freebsd

> Hello,
> I apologize for the intrusion, but I got your email off a Google
> search for WebDAV on FreeBSD.
> I just bought a virtual server and need to install webdav and then
> allow Sunbird to publish and share calendars. I am all about using
> IMAP and I think I need to start using this for better efficiency.
> Would it be possible for you to help out?

I'll be happy to help you out but you really should join one or more
mailing lists. Joining a mailing list (related to your subject) gives you
input from more than one person so if there is a problem that I am not
familiar with, someone else can help. It also means that in the future,
others who search for the same subject can benifit from e-mail discussions
in archives (like you did).

So, how about we start with the basics:

When you say 'virtual server', do you mean an Apache Virtual Server or a
FreeBSD jail? If you are not sure, ask the folks supplying the virtual
server.

What version of Apache is it (1.3 or 2.0)?

If you are using an Apache Virtual Server, you are going to have to ask
your supplier if they include support for dav module for apache.

To learn some more about what I'm asking check out these websites:

Apache Virtual Server:
     http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#virtualhost
Dav module for Apache:
     http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/