Date:      Sun, 06 Nov 2005 18:43:01 +0100
From:      martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What happened with portaudit?

Kövesdán Gábor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One of my machines I got a report about 3 vulnerable packages (php4,
> ruby, openssl) in tomorrows security run output, but in today's security
> run output all of them disappeared, but nobody upgraded or removed the
> affected packages. I reinstalled portaudit, refreshd its database, but
> now it reports 0 affected pakages. The pkg_info command lists that three
> packages, so they are still installed. Does anybody suspect what's wrong?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gabor Kovesdan

well, i can confirm i've had some issues with ports lately, too.

after realising new gnome was out i did portsnap and portaudit as usual.
i was very surprised to find out that portversion didn't show new ports
as well as portaudit didn't report on 2 vulnerabilities it reported a
day or two before. i tried to update ports db manually only to find some
errors. pkg_version correctly identified new ports. this state changed
in about half a day when suddenly portsnap & portversion reported all
new packages. otoh, portaudit still doesn't report on vulnerabilities it
reported a few days ago.

strange..

martin