Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 17:01:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Quassi Moto <flottie@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mounting iso images from ext2fs file systems

I'm having troubles mounting the 4.0-release iso. Due
to the way that my hard drive was set up when I
originally set up the computer I have a large ext2fs
file system on the end of my 17gig maxtor harddrive
that was set up to handle data when I used to run
linux.  Now that is the only place that I have enough
room to put complete iso images onto.

When I try to mount it with the command:
vnconfig vn0c
/mnt/linux.ro/usr/media/freebsd/4.0-install.iso
I get the error message :
vnconfig: open: No such file or directory

And when I try this command
vnconfig /dev/vn0c
/mnt/linux.ro/usr/media/freebsd/4.0-install.iso

I get this error
vnconfig: open: Device not configured

Im running 3.4 release with the kernel recompile for
ext2fs filesystem support and the line:
pseudo-device vn 4 #Vnode driver (turns a file into a
device)

Is there a limitation to the vn device that it can
only mount from a ufs filesystem or am I just doing
something wrong when I try to mount the image?