Date:      Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:58:48 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just purchased a bt848 based "Turbo TV" card.

> I was noticing them at Fry's (in Dallas) this past weekend myself :-)

I think I'm about set to return mine - I just can't get it to work
in Windows either, and that's worisome.

> I had similar trouble getting one of the newer Hauppauge NTSC Win/TV cards
> working on my brother's box over the weekend.  Turns out that its tuner
> (Philips FI1236 MK2) actually was supported by the bt848 driver, but not
> auto-detected correctly (the driver thought it was a Temic PAL).  The
> misconfigured tuner of course resulted in a buzzing static mess.
>
> Anyway, to find out the tuner type, this worked for me.  Look up the
> property details on the card in MSW95 (something like
> Start..Settings..Control Panel..System..Device Manager..Multimedia
> Devices..<Card>..Properties..  Details....<flip tabs>).  For the Hauppauge
> cards at least, the exact tuner name is listed on the tabs along with H/W
> version, supported signal formats, etc. etc.

Did it - it doesn't list any useful data at all.  In fact, all the
vendor info is pretty much unspecified.  Looks like they didn't go out
of their way to fill in this data for a $99 card. :(

					Jordan