Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 08:58:09 +0800 (SGT)
From:      Roland Yeo <roland@irdu.nus.edu.sg>
To:        Mike Burgett <mburgett@awen.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and TP 760e - compatible?

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Mike Burgett wrote:

> I've found a used TP 760e I can afford, but haven't turned up a lot about it
> in searching the freebsd-mobile archives.
>
> Any experiences you'd care to share would be appreciated. What I definitely
> need to have working is:
>
>  10BaseT ethernet (for use at home)
>  Dialup PPP (for use away from home)
>  XFree86 (all the time :)

the Mwave DSP modem that comes with some 760 series won't work.  there
aren't any Freebsd drivers for them. you can do a search on Mwave
audiodrive to read more about this. (you might also have problem getting
sound to work, if they're based on the Mwave DSP.

the other think to watch for is the video chip. the 760E uses a Trident
CYBER9320 chip. check the XFree86 3.3.1 release notes to see if thats
supported.

other than that, should be no problems. I have a 760XD (video chip:
Trident CYBER9385) with a 3C589 10Base-T, running with xfree86-3.3.1.
(Mwave Modem and sound doesn't work unfortunately.)

regards,

roland

--
Roland Yeo <roland@irdu.nus.sg>
Internet R&D Unit, National University of Singapore